How to care for your jewellery
Eclectic Eccentricity items are made using either vintage raw brass or plated metals (unless otherwise stated, i.e. the Luxe range which is created using gold fill, Vermeil or Sterling Silver). Please be aware that they will tarnish over time and do need to be cared for. To prolong the life of your piece, here are a few tips!
* Avoid wearing perfume at the same time and in the same place as your piece of jewellery. The chemicals in the perfume react with the plating which will cause it to tarnish. Strong body lotions can have the same effect.
* Goes without saying, but please, no showering/ sleeping in your jewellery!
* Avoid using household chemicals whilst wearing bracelets or rings. Simply put, someone else will have to do the housework for you.
* When it comes to storing, it really is best to keep your Eclectic Eccentricity jewellery in its box or wrapped away in a drawer.
* Give them a little clean occasionally and they will love you that much more. For plated materials, a light wipe with a mild soap works wonders. Rather than towel drying which may scratch the metal, give them a gentle breeze down with a hair dryer.* Raw brass will patina with wear; if you prefer your brass pieces to look sparkly new, apply a tiny bit of Brasso, rub in very gently and polish up with a soft cloth. For Sterling Silver items, use a Silver cloth available from most supermarkets.
All plated items comply with compulsory EEC regulations restricting the amount of nickel in jewellery. This states that only a teeny tiny amount of nickel may be present in the final piece (mass of nickel to total mass must be under 0.05%).
For further information, please see The European Directive restricting the use of Nickel.